Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Awake


I walk to the window late one night
And I saw you walk away out of my sight
I call out your name, and I call, and I call
You left me behind without a simple glance
I wonder out loud will I ever see you
I'll be waiting here patiently dying to hear from you
I need to feel you, hold you and breath you

If only you would stay
I swear I would keep you smile
I swear I would heal your wounded pride
Never break you in my warm embrace
As we race to patch the broken glass
My heart hopes as your voice surrounds me
Hopes that remind me the joy of life
How I can't wait to see you again

Maybe it will happen in my slumber
So I walk back to my bed
I lie here alone
Seeking the warmth of the night to shelter me
Don't wake me from this dream
Let me fall deeper down the stream
Yearning the truth riding all the lies away
All be renewed as the night welcomes the dawn

Now that I am wide awake
I run straight to the window
And there I saw you
You lifted your hand a gentle wave awaits
A joyful smile on my face
A millions frown shattered away
A wave of the gun
Sends a hundreds fragments of me laying around
A thousands of shouts, a millions of cries
What is there left of me
Only the echos of my sadness remains


No comments: